Cajun Shrimp with Garlicky Shrimp Grits
Serves 4 - Gluten Free
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking grits
- 3 cups firmly packed baby spinach
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, just until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add broth, water, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and bring to boil. Gradually stir in grits. Reduce heat and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until grits thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in spinach in batches until wilted. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, stir together remaining 2 teaspoon of oil, Cajun seasoning, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Set large ridged grill pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of shrimp to pan and cook, turning once, until just opaque in center, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to plate. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Divide grits mixture among 4 shallow bowls and top evenly with shrimp.
5 SmartPoints® Per serving (½ cup grits with 8 shrimp): 248 Cal, 7 g Total Fat, 1 g Sat Fat, 1,041 mg Sod, 19 g Total Carb, 1 g Sugar, 1 g Fib, 25 g Prot.